Building certification involves independently checking and approving building work to ensure it complies with the safety, health, amenity and sustainability standards specified in legislation and building codes.A building development approval or building permit/Council approval as it is more commonly referred to, is required before starting construction on most types of building work.
Building Certification Group provides building certification for all types of building work.
Class 1: Single Dwellings (detached or attached)
- New build and demolition
- Extensions, additions, alterations and renovations
Class 10: Non-habitable building or structure
- Decks, patios, pergolas and shade sails
- Carports, garages and sheds
- Swimming pools and swimming pool fencing
- Retaining walls and bushfire shelters